Who is Oscar Wilde?
Honestly, I don’t know the answer to that question.
I know that he’s got some pretty beautiful quotes that just make me think about things.
He’s definitely my kind of person, because he seems to be into making people think, too.
All I know from a quick Google search is that he was born in Dublin, and died in Paris less than 50 years later.
(That was my way of saying he was in his forties.)
Today is a special day for me, and I just wanted to share some amazing quotes by Oscar Wide for you to ponder over. 😉
1. The pure and simple truth is rarely true and never simple.
2. Today I’d like to sit and read/Forget I have a job I need/Ignore the things I have to do/And just enjoy a book or two.
3. Who, being loved, is poor?
4. I can resist everything except temptation.
5. Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
6. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
7. Never love someone who treats you like you’re ordinary.
8. It takes a great deal of courage to see the world in all its tainted glory, and still to love it.
9. You don’t love someone for their looks, or their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.
10. I don’t want to go to heaven – none of my friends are there.
That took me down a nice, deep, contemplative road. I’d like to do that more often. Tell me if there are any quotes that you love by this glorious person. 😀